Skip to main content

Growth Mindset Cats Edition!

I haven't done a growth mindset all semester so I figured I should go ahead and do one :)

Here are my three favorite cat memes from Pinterest!

The reason I like the first on is because I definitely relate to the study hard and then take a break. I do it all the time and seeing a cute kitten napping is just adorable.

The second one really spoke to me about getting my homework and grad school applications done in a timely manner. It's been difficult balancing everything and still having a life. (I go out of town almost every week so I have to finish everything by Thursday, typically.)  However, I think I've done a good job at making sure when I'm working I'm actually working and being effective.

The last one relates back to my grad applications. I've had multiple revisions on my personal statement, but it's been good for me to receive feedback so that I can make my statement the best it can be.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Click here to go to my newest in my storybook :) This storybook will focus on the Doctor from the BBC Show Doctor Who.  All 13 Regenerations of the Doctor

Introduction to an Avid Netflixer :)

Hi! My name is Chelsee Aguirre . I just started my senior year here at OU and I am from Hydro, OK which is a really small town. My high school graduating class was only thirty-two students! I'm majoring in Psychology and minoring in Human Relations and I plan on going to graduate school for Higher Education Administration after I graduate and work in student affairs and hopefully eventually become a dean of a college! This semester I am taking a graduate class from OU's Adult and Higher Ed program, and I am a little nervous about it, but mainly excited since it's what I want to do as my career. I am also a TA for a gateway class, which I think is going to make for a great semester.  In my spare time I enjoy reading (Harry Potter is my favorite ), listening to Broadway soundtracks (Hamilton, Book of Mormon, Wicked, and so many more), getting overly attached to fictional TV show characters because I love Netflix (Doctor Who, The Office - which I am actually watching as a wr

My Time Strategies

As a person I am super organized, I keep two separate calendars and check them constantly, along with my email because I'm always worried I will forget a deadline or miss an important event. Part of the reason I am so organized is because I have so much going on between school, work, outside organizations, and having a social life, it can get pretty stressful if I don't stay on top of it all. For that reason I really like having create a weekly schedule that shows me what I need to do each day to complete all my assignments for the week on time. One of the most effective time strategies I use is setting certain times I need to do things. For example, I schedule everything from when I'm going to cook to when I'll work on homework, that way I make sure I'm utilizing my time to the best of my ability so I can have fun - the old saying is very true "work hard, play hard". I really enjoyed the article about building a realistic study plan because without build